YOUTH PROFILE - Mr Tao Oumar - GFF Investors Group Alternate Youth Representative, Francophone / Burkina Faso
Global Financing Facility
It is important that young people get involved in the GFF, it should not be a single spectator but active actors so that actions are better oriented for the benefit of young people- Says Tao Oumar - GFF Investors Group Alternate Youth Representative, Francophone
Profile; Mr Tao Oumar - GFF Investors Group Alternate Youth Representative, Francophone / Burkina Faso
PROFILE / CONTEXT
Tao started to campaign for sexual rights 8 years ago in an association in Burkina which belongs to the largest community in the world working in the field of reproductive health called IPPF. This federation is represented all over the world through its member associations. This created in 2004, the youth action movement within its member associations, and he became president of this movement for 3 years in a city of Burkina. Since 2017 he has been president of the movement in Burkina and the French-speaking West Africa sub-region of the movement, thus coordinating the activities of the 8 French-speaking countries of West Africa.
Tao mentioned that his organization plays a huge role within the GFF in Burkina Faso and is one of the main organizations in driving the GFF process in Burkina Faso.
- His first contact with the GFF took place as part of the drafting of the Burkinabé Investment Plan where he was invited to the workshop with the aim of defending the relevance of certain actions with young people. It was therefore his first contact with the GFF
- He defended the youth positions well. He is very proud to represent Burkina and all the young people from French-speaking countries within the group of investors.
- In the course of resource mobilization, he and his team faced all the difficulties in raising funds to implement projects for the benefit of young people. Their first partner, IPPF, often supports them in carrying out projects.
- He permanently postulates calls for applications from several organizations such as Amplify Change etc. Today, they have projects funded by other structures which are carried out in consortium with other youth organizations.
- Finally, he thinks that the best strategy currently for young people to mobilize resources is to form a consortium and respond to calls for applications, this reduces competition, promotes collaboration, and makes you stronger.
It is important that young people get involved in the GFF, it should not be a single spectator but active actors so that actions are better oriented for the benefit of young people.